UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There comes a point when you’re ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that’s where you are today, let’s talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Provider networks across the health care system are becoming more efficient and effective everyday thanks to companies like UnitedHealth Group and people like you. Here’s an opportunity to put your expertise to work in new ways as you help strike the balance between health care costs and resources. In this consultative role, you’ll ensure that healthcare contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you’ll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Support and validate provider network contracting and unit cost management
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Review work performed by others and recommend improvements
In this role, it is all about creativity, challenge and complexity. You’ll be expected to help accurately and effectively price the network. It’s challenging because you need to be creative in your approach to the analytics behind the contract in order to properly utilize resources, build the data and price the network accurately.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets and information acquisition tools
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel - IE: Pivot tables, manipulate data
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Access
- Proficiency in SQL, SAS, COGNOS, or other query-writing programs and data extraction applications
- Demonstrated proficiency and strength in written and verbal communication
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Network Pricing Consultant, Financial Analysis, Risk Management, Data Manipulation, Financial Modeling, Medical Coding, Provider Payment, E&I, Employer & Individual, UHC, UnitedHealth Care, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from Home, Cleveland, OH, Ohio, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana, Kansas City, KS, Kansas, Detroit, MI, Michigan, Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania, Milwaukee, WI, Wisconsin