Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader. Due to our expanding business, Optum Infusion Services is seeking a Senior Patient Care Coordinator who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives.
The Senior Patient Care Coordinator is an individual who assumes responsibility for coordinating patient referrals with referral sources, sales staff, pharmacy and nursing to ensure a problem - free admission.
Our office is physically locate at 5627 University Heights Blvd. San Antonio Texas 78249.
- Gather patient information accurately and completely by utilizing appropriate templates in CPR+;
- Verify insurance eligibility and obtain authorization for services prior to processing order;
- Assemble patient’s electronic medical record accurately and completely and manage documents appropriately in CPR+;
- Obtain necessary information according to Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) guidelines;
- Inform Clinical and Sales Teams of referrals and updates them on the status of the case;
- Communicate / Coordinate referrals with outside pharmacies and referral sources;
- Understand diversity of contracts to handle referrals accordingly;
- Coordinate the start of care with the patient / caregiver, referral source, and other providers of care;
- Direct patient contact involving schedule and verify infusion appointments / drug shipments (if applicable), collection of patient pay amounts; respond to nursing and / or customer service issues, patient financial hardships. Maintain current and accurate documentation in CPR+;
- Document patient related activities / information in the patient’s electronic medical record;
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and company information;
- Communicate effectively with Clinical Team members to assure a smooth transition from intake to start of care;
- Check electronic discharge websites for new referrals and updated information, as required (and where applicable);
- Formulate and negotiate private pay pricing as per limitations set by company;
- Scan and appropriately label patient documents in CPR+;
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Healthcare experience
- Professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as primary instruments to perform job duties
- Experience working in an Administrative or Clerical role
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM accurately
- Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, presentations and spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm and on - call on the weekends (on a rotation) with the ability to work overtime as needed
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Home Infusion Pharmacy experience
- State of Texas Pharmacy Technician license
- CNA / CMA / LVN / HHA
- Knowledge of CPR+ system
- Medical Terminology experience
- Hospital, Physician, or Medical Clinic experience
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Ability to multitask
- Creative thinking
- Work ethic
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Conflict resolution
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Infusion, Pharmacy, Intake, CPR+, UHG, Referral, Clerical, Healthcare, Optum, Coordinator, San Antonio, Texas, TX, hiring immediately, #RPO