*Remote/Hybrid Work schedule is available**
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is seeking a Senior Transportation Project Manager to be a part of our San Antonio, TX Transportation Team. Ideal candidates will demonstrate expertise and strong relationships with TXDOT and Central Texas public works clients. The Transportation Project Manager will provide engineering design and oversight in the successful delivery of transportation and public works projects throughout Texas as well as leading and mentoring project teams in design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and freeway projects for TXDOT, municipalities, counties, and tolling agencies. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing pursuit capture plans to win new projects and build new client relationships.
- Participating in the production of proposals and letters of interest, as well as participation in interviews and other presentations.
- Analyzing economic conditions and business trends in market area and developing/implementing strategies needed to achieve growth in Central Texas.
- Leading plan production for conventional design-bid-build and/or design-build highway projects
- Managing three to four direct reports
- Leading a team of engineers and planners to develop strategies and teaming arrangements to pursue projects
- Managing financial and schedule elements of projects, and identifying project risks and implementing risk management strategies
- Reviewing the work of other professionals, including QA/QC of plans and specifications, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties
- Having a broad understanding of roadway design, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and transportation-related items
- Successful track record of being a “Seller- Doer”
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain a Texas PE license within 6 months of hire
- 15+ years of experience working on transportation design projects. Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on TxDOT (or other DOT) transportation projects
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of transportation projects and programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.