A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Now more than ever, the Internet is a utility that facilitates modern life. At Mozilla, we take this to heart, striving to build products that keep the Internet open, accessible, and secure for everyone. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Credential Management Team at Mozilla, you will be part of our engineering team that is responsible for the core privacy protection features within our Firefox browser, for example, Password Manager and Form Autofill.
What You'll Get To Do
- You will collaborate with people across Product, UX, Design, Engineering, QA, Localization, Ops, and Support teams to build and maintain core features within Firefox.
- Contribute to and demonstrate ownership over major components of Firefox, taking responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Step up to resolve product issues that impact our users – large and small.
- Write unit tests, automated regression tests, and track defects as they occur. Build performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code.
- Play a key role in improving our software architecture with the goal of increasing quality and maintainability over time.
- Build solid, efficient, and well-tested engineering solutions to complex problems that directly impact users’ security & privacy.
What You Bring
- A strong interest in privacy and security and a desire to get familiar with all the technologies that make the web private and secure.
- Hands-on experience on front-end development.
- Proven knowledge of core web technologies (such as HTML, DOM, Origins).
- Comfortable exploring solutions to sophisticated problems and working collaboratively to pave the way forward in new problem spaces.
- Creative problem-solvers. You like to take initiative to push projects forward but know when to involve others.
- Excellent communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
We value a variety of voices. You don’t need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related program) or equivalent work experience.
- Solid knowledge of web security and privacy concepts or experience working on these areas.
- Working experience with machine learning.
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed team members.
- Experience working in open source.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1788