Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Basking Ridge, N.J., Boston, MA, Dallas TX, or Washington D.C., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building RESTful APIs using Spring Boot and Spring framework
- 5+ years in the software engineering profession
- 4+ years in experience writing and analyzing SQL queries and stored procedures (MySQL)
- 3+ years of experience with “DevOps” - Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 3+ years of experience deploying apps on OpenShift, AWS, Azure
- 2+ years of experience with databases and basic schema development/design
- 2+ years of experience working with Git source control
- 4+ years of experience writing performance tests using Apache JMeter
- 3+ years of experience writing unit tests using JUnit/Spock and managing code quality (Sonar)
- 3+ years of experience with Test Driven Development
- 3+ years of experience building RESTful web services
- 3+ years of experience working with Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience with Docker
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL
- 2+ years of experience with Cryptography, Authentication, and/or other web security
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Sr Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Basking Ridge, N.J., Boston, MA, Dallas TX, Washington D.C.