Kforce has a client in search of a talented Site Reliability Engineer in San Antonio, TX.
The primary purpose of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is to improve and sustain the reliability of the clients most critical IT systems. The role is essential in helping establish and measure service level objectives for critical systems. In addition, SREs will continuously identify engineering and automation opportunities to effectively manage production systems at scale. An SRE will model a blameless culture through effective postmortems and a focus on minimizing impact felt from outages. An SRE should also have experience influencing new ideas to peers and leadership and should have strong teaming and collaboration skills to help support the goals of growing the SRE.
- Site Reliability Engineer identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Site Reliability Engineers design, develop, code, and test significant technical solutions collaborating with senior and lead engineers
- Lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning at a team level
- Organize work and lead team to deliver features and solutions
- Site Reliability Engineers independently resolves complex production issues and leads troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple applications and systems
- Mentor and coach junior engineers
- May begin working with architecture to help influence directions for key technologies within a specific domain