Alion is searching for an innovative, software developer to hit the ground running with a small team of developers, DevOps and UX personnel utilizing iterative design/develop/field spirals for research and development projects structured to improve and modernize the Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS) software systems.
The team will include product owner team to evaluate necessary user functions, provide early designs and workflows such as wire frames, mock-ups, and/or interactive prototypes, codify and prioritize developmental features, and evaluate technical debt from existing off-the-shelf systems We will be developing any required software, application interfaces and integrate commercial and Government off-the-shelf software from design to documentation, with possible field support.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification of AWACS Open Mission System applications. Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software
- Will work agilely in several areas of software design, test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis, and modeling
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objective, translating to technical specifications
- Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety
- Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation
- May utilize MATLAB and Simulink to design and use end device simulations during development effort
BS degree in Computer Engineering or related field. 0-2 years of experience working in agile development environment
Experience in Java and C++, desired experience in additional languages and scripting as indicated above
US Citizenship, a minimum of a National Agency Check, desired ability to obtain at least a Secret clearance
Security Clearance: National Agency Check