Enlighten, an Alion company is looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement complicated and difficult software capabilities for computer based systems. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge and experience developing Java based software capabilities. Candidate should have an inquisitive nature, responsiveness, and excellent testing skills. Must also possess strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines. Will work in a fast-paced, small business environment with our talented team.
- A current U.S. Government security clearance is NOT required on the first day, but will be processed for one and therefore all interested candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. A current Secret level clearance is highly desired. Can also hold TS clearances as well.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (i.e. computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.). Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g. Spring, Guava)
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
- Experience in cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
- Scripting experience is a huge plus.
Security Clearance: None