With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions. Seeking to fill a Test Engineer III position to support our DANS team in our San Antonio, TX location working with developers, range engineers, network engineers and the System Integration Lab (SIL) team to plan, design, and build cyber test ranges to support the program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Leads teams of Agile Test Engineers matrix-ed across multiple cross functional software development and engineering and architecture teams
- Performs Agile testing in support of Software Development within SAFe and DevSecOps software development environments following Scrum practices
- Coaches and trains less experienced test engineers and other team members in agile testing best practices
- Contributes to a cross-functional software development teams through internal and external testing
- Devises Agile testing plans, methods, and equipment to assure reliability of product in conjunction with product design and specifications.
- Leads Planning and arranging the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Works with Test Automation Engineers to automate functional and regression testing
- Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
- Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing environment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
- Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
- Consults with the System Engineering, development, external testing teams, and/or system operators to coordinate and test applications.
- Performs analysis, diagnostics, and preliminary evaluations of products.
- Evaluates developer testing and provides recommendations to improve unit and integration testing
- Develops test plans, design descriptions, scripts, scenarios, functional tests, regression tests, and deployment tests.
- Implements the testing processes and ensures all test activities follow those processes.
- Performs hands on software testing in accordance with testing processes
- Produces reports on each test activity and tracks test metrics.
- Monitors for continual test process improvement through failure analysis, throughput analysis, yield analysis, and reports to management periodically.
- Develops program testing strategies and coordinates with developmental and operational test organizations as a member of program's Integrated Test Team (ITT).
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 Years, MS 3-5, PhD 0-2 (or equivalent work experience)
- Active Secret ability to obtain Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
- Experience testing network or computer security monitoring systems
- Experience testing Linux (RHEL) based systems
- Experience testing systems utilizing SQL and non-SQL databases such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch (ELK), and mySQL
- Experience with UI/UX, API, QA, regression, functional and non-functional testing
- Experience writing Test Plans, Test Design Descriptions, Test Reports and Deficiency Reports
- Ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative
- Confidence and knowledge to determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results for multiple teams
- Experience integrating test into CI/CD Pipeline using GitLabs, Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and Zephyr
- Experience performing Test Automation
- Experience coordinating with independent testing organizations (Air Force Developmental and Operational test organizations)
- Experience working with a variety of software engineers, application developers, other engineering disciplines and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Helm or other Micro-Service-related technologies
- Working knowledge of Python, Angular,
- ISTQB Advance Technical Test Analyst certification or Agile testing related certification
- Experience with SAFe and Scrum
- ISTQB CTFL certification required within 6 months
- 8570/8140 IAT Level II certification required withing 6 months
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info