Ref ID: 04080-0011941565
Classification: Sr. Accountant
Compensation: $27.55 to $29.00 hourly
Our client, a health and human services company, is currently seeking a temporary Accountant for an immediate start!
On a daily basis the Accountant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties.
1) Maintain cash schedule of temporarily restricted cash.
2) Responsible for fixed assets, inventory accounting and related account schedules and reconciliations
3) Maintain Capital Lease schedule.
4) Maintain Rental Income schedule.
5) Maintain Property Lease schedule.
6) Prepare journal entries for allocation of insurance premiums.
7) Reconciles gift entries.
8) Responsible for internal phone allocation.
9) Assist with monthly journal entries, allocations and reconciliations as needed.
10) Ensures timely and accurate postings of payroll general ledger activities for multiple companies and ledgers including payroll related general ledger journal entries.
11) Allocates various payroll and tax expenses through journal entries.
12) Prepares multiple bank account reconciliations.
13) Execute other accounting special projects as needed.
14) Reconcile payroll general ledger accounts monthly.
15) Post Payroll Related Entries during the month and month end close
16) Monitors and prepares payroll accruals and account validations ensuring an accurate reflection of outstanding liabilities.
17) Perform payroll analysis as required.
18) Reconciles the IRS 941 returns to the General Ledger
19) Prepares the IRS 990 Return
20) Prepare and submit Annual Cost Reports.
21) Prepare Annual Audit footnotes and Census reports.
22) Other duties as assigned.
1. Attend all staff and agency meetings as requested
2. Attends all mandated trainings for IMT and reports for active duty when required.
3. Comply with all policies/procedures of the agency
4. Member of (IMT) Incident Management Team.
1. Ability to meet deadlines and deliverable dates
2. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
3. Accuracy in the work product
4. Knowledge of GAAP and general accounting functions.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Strong problem solving skills.
7. Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability for job duties.
8. Willingness to assist other team members as needed
9. Working knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, general ledger, payroll related assets, liabilities and expenses.
Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software
1. Grants accounting experience
2. Multi-company experience
3. Non-profit experience
If you have 5+ years as a degreed Accountant with strong reconciliation experience this position is for you! Contact your local Accountemps office at 210-696-8300 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.