Who We Are:
We are R&D problem-solvers providing independent, premier services to government and industry clients; operating as a nonprofit since 1947, we work the public's best interest and toward the betterment of humankind, pushing the boundaries of science and technology to develop solutions.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide administrative support for the diverse R&D Applied Power Division.
- Provide direct support for a department and multiple levels of management.
- Support projects and project managers.
- Coordinates travel.
- Coordinate personnel security.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Support projects and project managers by formatting and routing monthly, quarterly, final reports and any other documents for signatures and assisting with the preparation of client visits.
- Serve as administrative point of contact for a department; update org. charts, assists with the scheduling and preparation of department and staff meetings, timesheet support.
- Potential point of contact for travel preparation and coordination; utilize Concur software and works with Institute Travel Department to coordinate a fluctuating amount of travel requests to include vehicle rentals; travel authorization and expense account preparation
- Flexibility to assist in multiple levels of support as needed, to include personnel security processes.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- 10 years: Related clerical experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must have the ability and willingness to interface with a diverse group of staff members, different levels of management, and clients on a daily basis
- Must be reliable, flexible, and able to take initiative and follow through on assignments
- Must have basic knowledge of general office procedures and software (e.g., email, data entry, copying, scanning, faxing documents, etc.)
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Applied Power home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace