Who We Are:
The Powertrain Design section works with the Powertrain Analysis section as well other development groups within the Powertrain Engineering division to provide robust combustion engine and electric powertrain solutions for both research and production intent clients around the world.
Objectives of this Role:
- Participate and lead design of prototype and production intent combustion engines and electric powertrains for clients using 3D parametric CAD software.
- Designs may be clean sheet or upgrades to meet performance, efficiency and emissions targets.
- Successfully interface with team members and clients in an international environment.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Create or modify 3D solid models at component and assembly levels.
- Create, modify, and check 2D machining and casting drawings using industry standards and follow internal processes.
- Specify appropriate tolerancing and apply principles of GD&T.
- Maintain accurate bill of materials (BOM) and assist in component and assembly procurement.
- Develop and continuously improve standardized design processes.
- Author user assembly instructions and manuals.
- Create PowerPoint design overviews and present conceptual and detail design reviews to internal teams and external clients.
- Requires an Associates in Engineering or Engineering Technology with a 3.0 GPA or a Bachelors degree with a 3.00 GPA in Engineering Technology or other mechanical design related fields
- An AS degree requires 25 years of experience in Mechanical product design, ideally related to engine or powertrain design
- A BS degree requires 6 years: of experience in Mechanical product design, ideally related to engine or powertrain design
- 3D CAD component and assembly modeling and 2D fabrication drawings for prototype and production intent machining, casting and other fabrication processes
- Excellent communications skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Powertrain Engineering home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace