Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Clinical Data Services (CDSM) manages the platforms and processes that collect clinical information from provider organizations to support quality (like HEDIS™) reporting, utilization management, and provider performance management. CDSM Product Management and User Experience team drives the vision for clinical data platforms that are central to several UHC priorities. Importantly, the CDSM team is critical to the achievement of UHC’s affordability agenda which in turn helps make US Healthcare affordable to every and make the system work better for everyone. The data that CDSM acquires is used to Incentivize providers and implement controls to guide healthcare cost reduction interventions while improving quality of care outcomes. This role requires EMR expertise and industry knowledge to serve as a true expert.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on clinical data interoperability for the team, for our enterprise and for the industry
- General product management - defining market requirements, product roadmaps, and packaging the features into product releases for the assigned product capabilities
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentorship to a group of Senior and Associate Product Managers
- Define the business case for new or enhanced product capabilities to ensure the proposed capabilities are aligned with the strategic business goals
- Analyze the competitive landscape and client requests for market needs that current products and capabilities do not meet; define user personas, write product requirements, and use scenario, and create/maintain prioritized product backlogs
- Work with engineering to conduct technology assessments and ensure that technical designs are aligned with industry trends and evolving market needs
- Monitor product releases to ensure high quality and on-time delivery, and coordinate launch activities to drive commercial success
- Build solid working relationships across UHG to determine future product direction and assist in the successful design and launch of new capabilities
- Demonstrate solid communication skills
- Identify and recruit best talent for the product or portfolio of products
- Outcome-oriented analytical thinking - can interpret data and draw meaningful conclusions that benefit constituents and drive decisions.
- Problem solving - can leverage creative thinking/innovation to drive solutions through logical, well-structured thought processes
- Root-cause analysis - experienced and can identify, understand, and communicate drivers in analyses.
- Product lifecycle management - responsible for the design, development, and management of new and existing product capabilities
- Solid communication and relationship management skills; uses appropriate communication vehicles; understands audience and uses the best method of conveying a message; can negotiate with and influence other leaders
- Knowledge of US and offshore talent sources would be a plus
- Self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude, willing to demonstrate initiative
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert in EMR and healthcare provider/payer products
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical, business or health care related field
- 10+ years of health care or IT business experience or related background with proven track record in product/program management related to EMR and provider and payer groups
- 10+ years of SME Knowledge of one of the Healthcare areas like EMR, Quality, Utilization, Claims, etc.
- 8+ years or more as a Product Manager or Product Director with a niche focus on IT and healthcare
- Experience with consultation and relationship management skills at the technical and business leadership level
- Solid analysis skills
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field
- Any formal training or certification in product/program management
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and decision-making skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical interoperability products technology management, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home. Cerner, EPIC, IDX, EMR, Electronic Medical Records