Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for researching and investigating key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare cost data. Identifies potential areas for medical expense improvements and alternative pricing strategies. Performs statistical findings and presents conclusions. Provides data in support of clinical, financial, utilization, and actuarial analyses.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collects and understands historical health care data
- Extracts, aggregates and quality assurance on applicable data from multiple sources and tables for purposes of root cause analysis
- Performs statistical analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g. pre-post analysis, clinical trial results)
- Works with clinical team to identify areas of opportunity to drive financial performance of programs
- Performs data analytics in support of trend identification, initiative, program development and validation
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Communicate results to relevant audiences and incorporates results into medical forecast
- Provides ongoing communications on project status, results, and conclusions from analyses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Health Administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience in health care analytics
- 3+ years of experience using SQL, SAS query techniques to access rational databases
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment or multiple source data warehouse
- Proficient with Tableau, MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Hlthcare Econ Cnslt, Healthcare Ops, Healthcare Econ & Analytics, Everett, WA, Washington, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote