We are seeking a skilled Senior Machinist responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Our Senior Machinist will come with precision grinding experience, working with a major progressive auto manufacturer to operate a cylindrical grinding machine for production and refurbishment of equipment. This unique role provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to train internationally with our global team!
- Exercising judgment to complete required manufacturing tasks necessary to produce products to specifications and meet delivery dates.
- Setting up and operating CNC machinery to complete complex manufacturing operations at maximum capacity and efficiency.
- Maintaining specifications by observing milling, drilling, tapping, chamfering operations, taking measurements, detecting errors or discrepancies, troubleshooting operations, making program adjustments at the control, making tool offset adjustments, sharpening or replacing worn tools.
- Identifying where training is needed and obtaining the required training with the help of the Production Manager; assisting Production Manager with the training of machine operators as required to upgrade skills, achieving training goals and providing process backups during peak vacation periods and unscheduled absences.
- Inspecting all incoming orders to assure the material and order documentation meet required manufacturing specifications; notifies group lead if material does not meet required specifications, or if additional information is needed to prevent manufacturing errors from occurring.
- Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures.
- Notifying Production Manager when manufacturing supplies need to be replenished in advance of stock out.
- Communicating and interacting effectively with Production Manager, peers and related positions to achieve department and divisional goals.
- Training and directing the work of others.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- 5+ years of previous machining experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Travel locally, nationally, and/or internationally will be required.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Basic understanding of trigonometry for the purposes of surface plate work such as measuring angles of parts, measuring roll dimensions, projecting theoretical sharps, etc.
- Must be able to read blueprints and have a basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
- Working knowledge of G&M codes on Fanuc and similarly designed controls.
- Ability to write, edit, and troubleshoot programs at the machine control.
- Familiar with laser tool setting devices and touch probes.
- Experience working with high alloy tool and die steels including knowledge of speeds and feeds required for such materials.
- Able to use precision shop measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, sine plate, gage pins, gage blocks, thread gages, dial indicators, etc.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Saueressig is a provider of premium rotogravure solutions and part of SGK. SGK is a global leader in the design of high performance marketing ecosystems, the creation of content that scales consumer experiences with brands, and the integration of technologies to enable collaborative digital networks. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.