Provides direction and coordination for all emergency response (fire, explosion, oil spill, chemical release) and fire protection issues within the corporation. Minimizes loss resulting from unplanned events by ensuring adequate planning and response capability is maintained. Serves as the lead in the activation and coordination of the Corporate Emergency Operations Center during significant events effecting corporate assets.
- Ensures the readiness of the corporate emergency operations center (CEOC) by developing and maintaining the corporate emergency management plan and related documents, providing training for CEOC staff members and coordinating emergency drills on a periodic basis.
- Serves as the lead for activation and operation of the CEOC during emergencies representing significant threat to corporate assets and/or the public. Coordinates notification of CEOC staff members. Supervises documentation of situational developments and actions taken by the CEOC. Tracks CEOC staff assignments to ensure appropriate follow-up and documentation.
- Ensures various business units are adequately prepared to respond to emergencies by facilitating the development and review of integrated contingency/response plans and mutual aid agreements for each entity.
- Develops and facilitates audit protocols to ensure program compliance.
- Ensures the readiness and safety of facility emergency response personnel by developing minimum staffing requirements and training guidelines. Develops and coordinates corporate training programs. Serves as a technical resource in the development of facility training programs.
- Ensures adequacy of facility emergency response capabilities by developing minimum requirements for mobile response equipment. Develops and maintains a comprehensive inventory of response equipment in order to administer a coordinated equipment purchase/replacement program. Serves as a technical liaison in the development of bid specifications associated with emergency response equipment purchases.
- Serves as a liaison to regulatory agencies and various standard-setting groups including the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Serves as a technical resource in the development and application of fire protection standards, engineering specifications, equipment design and corporate best practices. Cooperates with other departments and facility personnel to periodically inspect and test fire protection equipment.
- Develops and maintains a corporate response plan for open ocean and near shore marine transportation emergencies. Provides coordination and supervision of emergency response cooperative organizations in order to ensure response capabilities and limit legal exposure. Serves as a point of contact for Chemtrec notifications of other transportation emergencies.
- Develops and maintains a building evacuation and emergency response plan for the corporate office buildings. Trains affected employees and coordinate annual evacuation drills per local regulations.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree - in safety, fire protection, or related science required.
- 12 years of experience in the following area(s) : petrochemical industry, including 10 years of industrial emergency response experience required.
- Master’s or higher level degree - in safety or environmental preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) preferred.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria at https ://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.