Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Upper Management
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Senior Manager Transport Operations is responsible for leadership of all West Transport Fleet Operations. Reporting to the VP of Transport and Rail, this role will define a strategic vision for the west region, inclusive of MPC private fleet assets (crude, fuels, and specialty products) and the integrated transportation team with a focus on flawless execution, growth, and cost controls.
- Lead and develop a team of field-based transportation managers while leveraging shared support functions such as Transport Planning & Scheduling, Operations Support, HES&S, Training, Maintenance & Asset Management, and Compliance.
- Build upon existing infrastructure and ensure that our Proprietary Fleet remains a key strategic advantage for MPC and its customers.
- Ensure MPC private fleet is an employer-of-choice and career destination for drivers, ensuring high levels of staffing, driver job satisfaction, and retention.
- Ensure the right balance of transportation solutions is utilized in all markets, creating a flexible and hybrid network that leverages a combination of Proprietary Fleet and Third-Party Carrier strategies that delivers high service levels at competitive costs.
- Partner with our Transport Operations Analytics team to identify areas of opportunity to optimize our transportation network for cost and service, leveraging data-driven decision-making to deliver meaningful results that align with the overall transportation and logistics strategy.
- Create a safety-first culture within Proprietary Fleet by ensuring DOT compliance, on-going driver training and by closely partnering with operational leadership within our facilities.
- Work closely with Finance, Business Development, and Maintenance & Asset Management to monitor and measure transportation costs and expenses, identifying opportunities to unlock savings and or grow our scope of services.
- Make recommendations on process and/or procedure improvements needed, driving profitable growth in the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or relevant master’s degree preferred
- Developed and lead dynamic logistics organizations at scale.
- Analytical and data-driven leadership.
- Successfully built, developed, and managed large, decentralized teams.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Suite applications.
- Excellent organization skills, proven written and verbal communication skills
- 15+ years of experience in the transportation and logistics industry, with an emphasis on trucking (crude, fuels, and specialty products) and or fleet operations.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.