Assists the Corporate Law department and the Office of the Corporate Secretary of Valero Energy Corporation and its subsidiaries to ensure compliance with SEC and state and federal corporate governance laws and regulations.
- Assists with all corporate governance aspects of Valero Energy Corporation, a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange, including Delaware corporate law, Securities and Exchange Act regulations, and NYSE Listing Standards and Exchange Rules.
- Supports the administrative preparation of public company filings required by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K.
- Handles administrative Section 16 filings, including Forms 3, 4 and 5.
- Supports in-house counsel on preparation of proxy materials, annual director and officer questionnaires, annual meetings of the stockholders, and assists with the preparation and distribution of board meeting materials.
- Drafts meeting minutes of board of directors, board of director committees, and minutes of annual stockholder meetings along with various written consents and resolutions of directors and/or stockholders for the parent company and all of its subsidiaries.
- Manages and maintains all Valero U.S. and global subsidiaries, utilizing external counsel and corporate secretarial service providers.
- Researches, drafts, and prepares documents to ensure compliance with various taxes, regulatory and statutory requirements. Coordinates integration of data from senior officers of various departments in compliance filings to provide timely corporate compliance.
- Provides legal research and analyses regarding special projects in support of corporate, securities, and commercial law transactions.
- Coordinates the timely and accurate retrieval of corporate data in compliance with special requests, requests for production and /or interrogatories.
- Assists with due diligence on large financial market transactions, such as revolving credit facilities and debt offerings.
- Supports other corporate legal matters and transactions as requested and directed by in-house counsel.
This position is salaried nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of experience in the following area(s) : legal experience required either in-house at a publicly traded company or large law firm with a specific focus on corporate governance and SEC compliance required.
- Certificate from accredited paralegal training program required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.