Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Customer Insights team at Optum provides Optum business leaders with actionable consumer and provider insights to help achieve their business objectives through primary research (qualitative and quantitative). This team has a great opportunity for a Senior Market Research Consultant to join this collaborative team. This position will be responsible for proactively informing and understanding the consumer and provider experience for OptumRx. This position will focus on identifying ways to better meet consumers’ and providers’ needs, representing the voice of the consumer and providers in initiatives and leading other strategic research and analytical initiatives to help the OptumRx team achieve their business objectives within PBM, home delivery, specialty pharmacy, and direct-to-consumer.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive consumer and provider insights and work seamlessly with cross functional partners to proactively support the strategic initiatives across OptumRx. Be a trusted insight partner to the team
- Lead market research efforts to inform and evaluate the consumer and provider experience, marketing and products and services as part of a core team focused on OptumRx
- Manage complex studies using internal and external resources
- Analyze data to identify strengths, pain points and competitive gaps in order to be strategic and identify tactical actions for the business to take
- Ensure all data security, quality, regulatory, client and stakeholder requirements are met
- Support the Optum Customer Insights team in helping bring the voice of the consumer and provider to Optum
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
keywords: primary research, consumer research, provider research, research consultant, consumer insights
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Public Health, Statistics, Marketing Research, Marketing or related field
- 7 years of market research experience
- 7 years of experience analyzing data, including synthesizing data from multiple sources to tell a concise, compelling, strategic story and make actionable recommendations
- Experience designing, implementing, and analyzing research studies, including identifying recommended actions to take based on results
- Experience working with external vendors to conduct research and using internal agile tools
- Experience in statistical and market research tools such as Qualtrics and SPSS
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience building and strengthening relationships with internal business partners and market research firms
- Healthcare industry exposure
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Primary Marketing Research Consultant, Psychology, Sociology, Public Health, Statistics, Marketing Research, Marketing, Market Research, Agile, Qualtrics, SPSS, MBA, Healthcare, Data Analysis, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, United States, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting