Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. We are a Fortune 5 Company on the rise and first in class within the healthcare space. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
We are a Fortune 5 Company and ranked # 1 in the healthcare industry. If selected to join our team you'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
We are seeking a Sr. IT Director in the Telehealth Product niche within our Product group of Optum Technology.
In this role you will be part of a fast-moving start-up culture that empowers teams to focus on outcomes, even as our hypergrowth company continues to build a huge international team. This position reports to the VP - Technology. You have a chance to work for a Fortune 5 company on a blue chip “high profile” initiative that will expose you to leadership across UHG and Optum.
This is a highly-collaborative, extremely fast-paced, innovative environment where you’ll find your excitement building as you’re both challenged and gratified by progress, every day. We value healthcare industry experience especially when it blends healthcare provider delivery knowledge and technology.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Help drive strategy and product roadmap for one of Optum Virtual Health’s new product lines
- Collaborate closely with engineers, designers, clinical experts, data scientists, and other PMs to build new feature sets and enhance existing ones
- Develop solutions that balance member and client needs, clinical strategy, business goals, and technical considerations across different surfaces (mobile, web, device, human, etc.)
- Build strong and effective relationships with colleagues in other Product Lines, Platform teams, Clinical Strategy, Product Marketing, Commercial, and Product Delivery
- Share responsibility for building, measuring, and reporting against fundamental business drivers like revenue and ROI
- As a Sr. Product Owner, you will spend a portion of your time as a highly experienced individual contributor while growing a team of product managers to increase your leverage over time
- Drive a multi-year technology product strategy and roadmap for a mature telemedicine product line that expertly balances innovation with reinforcing our existing commitments to clients and users
- Serve as an internal and external expert on the full picture for the product line, including performance, competitive analysis, market positioning, user needs, and features
- Quickly develop deep empathy for our business clients and users
- Quickly develop effective relationships with colleagues, especially other members in Care delivery organizations (CDO), UHC & Optum
- Hypothesis-driven, creative, impactful products across mobile, web, and provider services
- A passion for shaping consumer oriented virtual care and helping people live healthier life
- Experience working with a wide variety of healthcare related product lines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology field or at least 15 + years of IT work/leadership experience
- 10+ years of professional digital Product Management and/or Product Owner
- 5+ years of experience building telehealth products for D2C or B2B2C
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience leading or significantly contributing to a mature product line with a large number of users, clients, and revenue
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts, especially clinical
- Extensive Healthcare industry knowledge and work experience focusing on consumer product development
- Demonstrable skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis for data driven decision making
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree in healthcare related field or MBA
- Experience in go to market healthcare virtual platforms from insurance industry will be valuable
- Excellent communication skills, including with Executive audiences
- Experience building and leading high functioning teams (matrixed teams via influence qualifies)
- Commitment to understanding the complex market that is the healthcare industry and developing empathy for its diverse stakeholders
All candidates requested to interview will need to submit documentation prior to conversations with a hiring manager around any active restrictive covenant agreement or privacy contracts before progressing.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.