JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Works with strategic and high-volume customers and notifies them of delivery ETA changes. Establishes seasonal deliveries and to notifies customers of pertinent information. Ensures the department has the necessary tools an equipment. Trains teammates as required. Resolves complex issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Contacts strategic high-volume customers daily and notifies them of any changes to their delivery ETA.
- Records conversation details with customer.
- Schedules special loads notifies customers of pertinent information.
- Uses systems to track and locate drivers and pulls data for reporting purposes.
- Compiles transportation pouches which include route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps and stores keys for drivers.
- Updates driver and helper dispatch schedules daily.
- Sets up daily tractor/trailer assignment for drivers.
- Ensures data is accurate and compliant with company policies and applicable regulations.
- Administers the backhaul program by establishing pick up appointment with vendors and assigning driver trainees to pick up the product.
- Contacts drivers about load assignments and schedule changes.
- Resolves complex route issues and trains team as required.
- May also handle Driver Payroll functions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4 or more year's experience as a router in the transportation and trucking industry.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to resolve complex situations
- Strong customer service skills
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and handle fast-pace
- Solid understanding of geography and logistics.
- Understanding of Driver Pay is required.
- Office Environment