The Weaver Experience
Weaver is a full-service national accounting, advisory and consulting firm with opportunities for professionals in many different fields. We seek to bring a human element to the world of accounting, which includes creating a diverse, collaborative and entrepreneurial workplace culture. Our leaders truly care about the well-being of all our employees and encourage them to pursue their ambitions.
While our business is based in numbers, our success is truly based on people. It's why we commit to supporting our people not just in their professional growth, but also in their ability to lead balanced, integrated lives. At the foundation of that commitment are our core values. Weaver's core values were created specifically to empower our people to deliver extraordinary service and be their best selves. Our goal is to balance high development with high performance in order to meet the long-term goals of each individual, team and our firm.
Learn more about our services, industry experience and culture at weaver.com.
Weaver helps federal, state, and local governments solve complex business issues, manage risk and add value in financial management, program management, operations improvement, and security and data management. In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies.
Weaver provides management consulting, technology consulting, and risk consulting services to help state and local government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
Qualifications and Skills
* 4+ years of consulting experience, with at least 2 years in State & Local Government required
* Bachelor's degree
* MBA, MPA or other Master's degree in Public Policy, Government, Political/Social Science, Information Systems, Operational Research, Management, International Development, Economics, Urban Science and/or related field preferred
* Interest and passion for the role of government and responsibilities of the public sector
* Ability to define, lead, and manage multiple tasks within a workstream as part of a larger engagement. Proficiency in core management consulting skills:
* Baseline assessments and secondary research
* Stakeholder interviews
* Business modelling and analysis
* Hypothesizing solutions frameworks
* Synthesizing multiple inputs into coherent insights
* Competencies include:
* Critical thinking skills
* Outstanding attention to detail
* Solid verbal communication and narrative development skills, with the ability to summarize and convey key insights from analyses to senior audiences
* High degree of comfort working in unstructured situations and ability to maintain poise, maturity and work well under pressure
* Ability to be self-directed and responsive
* Collegial team player who can work within a small, motivated team of diverse consulting professionals
* Strong numerical reasoning and quantitative skills, particularly building complex Excel models
* Familiarity with Stata, R, Python and other programming languages
* Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success with key facets of state and local government, including economic development, education, sustainability, transportation, and/or administration
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Referral Program Eligible