What you will do
The role will play a critical role in the analysis and execution of a wide range of strategic initiatives aimed at driving the growth of new business models across Deloitte. The role is entirely project-based and serves as an internal consultant to support businesses across the various divisions of Deloitte. The entire team works fully remote from home (including prior to COVID) with limited domestic travel for project-related meetings.
About the Team
The Planning & Performance strategic finance team sits within the Deloitte New-venture Accelerator (DNA). DNA is an internal strategic accelerator that drives the growth of new business models focused on technology-based businesses with recurring revenue models. DNA is helping to drive transformation as Deloitte evolves beyond its traditional professional services offerings.
Examples of supported initiatives include:
- Organic investments related to cutting-edge technologies such as AI, Cyber, Cloud, IoT, etc.
- M&A deals related to technology-based businesses
- Strategic pricing projects to develop value-based pricing strategies and tools for new offerings
- Operational improvement initiatives for Deloitte's technology-based businesses
- Re-engineering of financial processes including developing new performance metrics and profitability measurements
- Create detailed driver-based financial models for new organic/inorganic business opportunities
- Partner with business stakeholders to gather and vet business case assumptions and underlying rationale
- Develop financial models related to pricing including pricing calculators and cost models
- Storyboard presentations and develop decks related to project outputs and other relevant topics
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and market research to support projects
- Undergraduate degree in Finance with MBA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, strategic finance consulting or strategic finance roles
- Expert skills in financial modeling related to business case development for new business opportunities
- Experience in storyboarding and creating decks for executive audiences
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Experience in subscription and technology-based businesses a plus
- Excellent communication skills including partnering with executive leaders
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.