Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation, manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards. Our department specializes in Industrial Robotics and Automation.
Objectives of this Role:
- Does the field of robotics and industrial robot manipulation excite you? Are you enthusiastic about where hardware and software meet form machines that are smarter and do more than ever before? Do you constantly strive to push the envelope on what technology can do?
- We get to play with robotic arms, machine vision, path planning and more daily – if that sounds fun to you, read on!
- We work on leading technologies in industrial robotics and are currently seeking a talented and motivated student to join us.
- Experience a flexible and stimulating environment developing solutions for diverse technical challenges in applied research and development.
- You will get to improve your technical skills and work with world class and award-winning roboticists.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Conceive, develop, and deploy robotic and automation software solutions for advanced manufacturing applications and perception-driven solutions
- Design, build, debug and implement robotic and automation solutions
- Develop and test advanced software solutions for manufacturing and industrial processes and technologies
- Present results of project to SwRI staff
- Must be pursuing a BS with a 3.00 GPA in Robotics, Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering , Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Software development in C++ and Python
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: ROS, OpenCV, PCL (Point Cloud Library), industrial robotics, mobile robotics, 2D/3D computer vision, path planning for robotics, robotic arm manipulation, 2D and 3D perception for robot guidance, or robot localization
- Knowledge in one or more of the following is helpful: SolidWorks, AutoCAD electrical, machining and fabrication, Experience controlling hardware through software
- Previous technical work experience helpful such as past summer internship
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace