Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
As a Technician Assistant with Sleep Number, you will strive to deliver an outstanding customer experience in every interaction with our customers. This role partners with Field Technicians to deliver and assemble Sleep Number Smart Beds and other Sleep Number products and will visit existing customers to provide various in-home services.
- Partners with Field Technicians to conduct installation and service visits for customers; delivering, relocating, assembling, and repairing products to specifications with an expectation to personify Sleep Numbers customer experience standards.
- Presents and educates on Sleep Number product offerings and services in a manner that bolsters confidence in the customers purchase.
- Performs daily tasks including assisting Technician with truck inspections, processing returns, loading/unloading product, customer calls and ensuring that all daily schedules and work assignments are accurately completed.
- Ensures that all work is conducted in an efficient, quality, and professional manner.
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures.
- Communicates efficiently through verbal, written and electronic communication methods with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Advocates and models Sleep Numbers mission, vision, and values.
- Follows all safety rules, regulations, and training; and overall maintains a safe working environment.
- Provides outstanding in-home customer experience; as the last customer point of contact, builds and solidifies life-long relationships with Sleep Number.
- Navigate for driver using routing software or GPS system.
- Performs other job-related duties as required by business needs
- High school diploma or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Lift and carry up to 200 lbs. with help of a lifting partner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend, evening and holiday hours
Working Conditions (if applicable)
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to changes in temperatures, both indoor and outdoor
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labors Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Numbers policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.