Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this position, you will be responsible for key communication strategy & support of multiple Optum Technology (OT) teams and Key Initiatives. Utilizing your storytelling, leadership and guidance skills along with your creativity, you will help teams plan, craft and where applicable distribute meaningful and impactful messages utilizing the most effective channels and tools. You will also build deep relationships with your OT counterparts and Key Initiative stakeholders and advise on communication needs, becoming that trusted partner who proactively sees opportunities and engages regularly for optimum success.
If you are located within Boston, MA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Boston office preferred.
- Communication Strategy and Support
- Establish, develop and maintain effective relationships with OT counterparts and Key Initiative stakeholders
- Provide Communications Consulting and Advice
- Define Communication Needs utilizing current tools and templates
- Develop Communication Strategies and translate them into plans
- Develop and Maintain Communications Content
- Create visual storytelling aids
- Forge strong relationships with Communication Team members, OT team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Applicable Communication Resources and Systems including current tools and those emerging in the marketplace
- Maintain current workload in appropriate tool
- Maintain Communication Teams site, Sharepoint & Yammer tools
- Represent the communications teams and all communication related work for special projects (ex: United Women Leading In Technology
- Special projects as needed (ex. participate in event planning)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of developing communication strategy
- 3+ years of creating communication plans that are effective and impactful
- 3+ years of creating communication content
- 3+ years of editing content
- 3+ years of utilizing communication tools and templates
- 3+ years of storytelling through spoken, written, blog, podcast and video & graphic design
- 3+ years of experience with a team onsite or virtually in a complex environment
- 3+ years of experience in helping customers prepare communications for various levels in a complex organization including communicating with impact, influencing and negotiating, listening actively and presenting effectively
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating influence without authority
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Health care insurance experience
- Proficient in Teams, Yammer, Sharepoint, Outlook and Mass Mailer tools
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Proficient Excel skills
- Proficient in Graphic Design
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Comprehend and picks up quickly
- Emotionally resilient
- Comfortable in a changing environment
- Technical writing skills
- Understanding of information technology development
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Optum Technology Communications Consultant, Consultant, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Boston, MA