Temporary Registered Nurse – San Antonio, TX.
- Six (6) Week Assignments
- Day and Night twelve, (12) hour shifts
- Premium Pay
As a Registered Nurse/RN with Complete Emergency Care you will provide high quality patient-focused health care services to all patients within the scope of practice through physician orders in accordance with all Texas state laws and regulations and company policies. Our Registered Nurses serves as point of contact for clinical staff at the clinic assigned and assists the physician/provider in monitoring ancillary staff in carrying out physician/provider delegated orders and tasks. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse/RN in the state of Texas.
- Compliance with all policies and procedures set forth by Complete Care.
- Always delivering exceptional service to our patients, physicians, guests, coworkers, and vendors.
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Adheres to established facility guidelines and protocols.
- Supports mission, values, and vision of Complete Care.
- Provides care in an evidenced based environment.
- Practices autonomously, consistent with practice standards and research-based policy/procedures.
- Exercises independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care.
- Provide care/treatment/services within the theoretical framework of synergy.
- Delegates tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employees supervised
- Plans, implements, revises, and delegates nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
- Performs necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and facility requirements.
- Incorporates teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- Documents pertinent data in a concise manner.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of professional practice by participating in facility special projects and through attendance to staff meetings.
- Actively participates in facility performance improvement activities.
- Attends work as scheduled, on time, and prepared to perform job duties.
- Delivers patient care and services in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors and other internal/external processes,
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships and self-conduct to contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the facility.
- Maintains and enhances skills through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
- Completes mandatory education, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards (first aid, PPE, Blood borne pathogens, Hazard communications, emergency procedures and job safety).
- Follows established guidelines for compliance with infection prevention and TJC patient safety goals and practices.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Uses performance improvement process to improve patient safety and patient outcomes.
- Current Texas Registered Nurse/RN Nursing License in good standing
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Pass background check(s)
- 2 years of Emergency Room/ER nursing experience
- Must have exceptional technical skills (IV, local anesthesia, Foley, etc.)
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining excellent patient care and customer service
Ability to work all shifts including day, evening, weekends, and holiday hours as needed.
- Effective team player
- Detail oriented with exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Efficient time management skills with ability to anticipate workflow and perform synchronous tasks.
- Basic typing and computer proficiency, preferably experienced with Windows, Microsoft Office, EMR/EPM systems, etc.
- Back-up to laboratory / must be willing to learn and perform when the situation calls for extra
support, assist team with basic facility maintenance such as emptying trash, unpacking
linens, and keeping the break room tidy.
- Other Duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; walk; sit; stoop, reach; balance; talk or hear. When appropriate, the employee must occasionally transfer, lift and/or move patient(s).
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to some hazards as described in materials safety data sheets and in accordance with OSHA standards. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
*All employees are expected to adhere to all company policies. Job description may be changed at any time.