Purpose of Job
Within defined guidelines and framework, responsible to adjust auto and property non-injury theft, fire, and vandalism insurance claims and other potential fraudulent or questionable claims presented by or against our members and settling claims in compliance with state laws and regulations.
Let’s do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. It’s both a chance to say thank you and an opportunity to use your talents in a meaningful way. To do it right, we need the right people. We’re looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. What we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are currently seeking dedicated professionals for Theft and Fire Adjusters with the desire to work a full time schedule. Candidates are expected to live within a commutable distance of one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, or Colorado Springs, CO.
Military veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, handled, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Investigates and figures out coverage and liability, evaluate, negotiate, and settle low complexity to high complex non-injury auto and low complexity unscheduled personal property claims such as comprehensive, collision, property damage liability, uninsured motorist property damage, personal property and rental vehicle coverages for total loss and repairable vehicles.
- Acquires and applies a functional understanding of fraud schemes and investigative strategies for questionable, suspect, or fraudulent first- and third-party claims. Refers the claim for further investigation if there are suspicious circumstances.
- Acquires and applies foundational knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes in investigating claims, to include P&C insurance policy contracts, coverages and internal claims handling process and procedures.
- Participates in the collection of data and evidence in the pre-fraud investigation through taking statements, collecting police reports and other documentation pertaining to the facts of the loss.
- Clearly document thought process including damage evaluation, investigation, negotiation, and settlement decisions for cases that may include non-routine circumstances and resolutions and in coordination with the outcome of SIU investigations.
- Support workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed which may involve volunteering for extended hours
- Adjust and coordinate under multiple policy types for a single event to include auto, homeowner, renters and VPP policies while adjusting the coordination of benefits between multiple applicable policies.
- Perform unique valuation analysis for Total Thefts to include entering the vehicle characteristics into the valuation
- May take First Notice of Loss to initiate claim and gather information for effective investigation. May manage a high volume of calls.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
- Up to 1 year of auto and/or property claims adjusting experience.
- Acquisition and maintenance of insurance adjuster license within 90 days and designated number of attempts.
- Shown investigatory skills.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and effectively determine risk and appropriate response.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Up to 1 year experience with auto theft, vandalism or fire claims
Consistent track record to identify fraud indicators and/or investigate claims inconsistencies
Current Adjuster license
2+ years of customer service experience
Working knowledge and understanding of auto claim contract interpretation
CPCU, SCLA or other insurance designation
Perform unique valuation analysis for Total Thefts to include entering the vehicle characteristics into the valuation
May take First Notice of Loss to initiate claim and gather information for effective investigation. May handle a high volume of calls.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The hiring range for this position is $50,000 - $54,600.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: Addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.