Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
- Oversee transportation operations within assigned area to ensure safe, professional and timely transport
- Responsible for policy and procedure development, workflow scheduling, employee supervision and operational efficiency of assigned location(s)
- Responsible for understanding performance measurements and developing strategies to improve and meet requirements
- Works directly with manager of dispatch and customer service to ensure most efficient routing and customer demands are being met
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business Administration, Management or a related field, 4+ years of work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of operational experience
- 3+ years of management or supervisory experience in Logistics, Transportation or Delivery operation
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and complaint resolution is a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to analyze operational data, draw conclusions and make recommendations to senior management or consideration
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff and discipline/coach them when needed. Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of simultaneous projects
- 25 years of age or older and ability to pass a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Report
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.