A culture that strives to advance diversity & inclusion within the organization & our community
- Prepares, analyzes, and verifies financial reports and dashboards for the treasurer and the Board of Trustees of the Museum. Attends most board and committee meetings and coordinate/facilitate the
- Business Affairs and Investment committee meetings.
- Facilitates the annual operating and administrative budgets. Monitors operating budget and ensures department heads are informed on status and availability of funds.
- Compiles annual budget, coordinating and providing advice and technical assistance.
- Consolidates all department budgets into an overall operating budget summary for review by the director and treasurer with final approval from the Board of Trustees.
- Projects revenue based on prior year history as foundation to budget revenue for coming year.
- Monitors and controls the flow of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Examines, analyzes, and seeks new ways to improve efficiency and increase earnings.
- Supervises accounting personnel. Reviews all financials for accurate and complete reporting.
- Maintains financial software updates and seek solutions to create more efficiency in the workflow of the finance office.
- Designs and maintains spreadsheets when needed for financial reporting requirements.
- Reviews all federally required reports including Form 990 Tax Exempt Report for nonprofit organization's prepared by auditors. Reviews federally required pension Form 5500 C.
- Prepares all financial documentation for grant proposals and grant award reporting requirements.
- Coordinates annual audit with external auditors.
- Approves all purchases and expenses electronically, maintaining a paperless environment.
- Collaborate with leadership team members on solutions and provide financial guidance on new initiatives. Review and sign all financial agreements over $1,000. Attend weekly leadership team meetings.
- Assist the Director & CEO and fellow leadership team members in achieving all goals set out in the Strategic Operating Plan.
- Review and approve all weekly pay
What we are looking for in a VP Finance:
Minimum of five years' experience in nonprofit accounting and/or auditing required with management and leadership experience.
Extensive computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Word software programs required; knowledge of NetSuite, Paycor, and PowerPlan preferred.
Must have flexible hours as occasional evening or weekend events are necessary.
Education & Experience
BA in accounting or business-related field, MBA or CPA preferred.
Minimum 5 years' experience in nonprofit accounting and/or auditing required. Experience managing and leading a team is required.