Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You've been building towards this. We've been building towards you. The health care system needs are evolving at a fast clip and innovators like UnitedHealth Group are playing a lead role. New models of care and new networks of providers are emerging now to better serve patients and communities. Here's where you come in. As a key leader within our network organization, along with your team, you will be accountable to create and implement strategies that drive growth, improve access, and achieve high levels of satisfaction with our providers and partners. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
This challenging, high-profile role will put your skills and experience to the test daily. You'll be charged with leading the efforts to achieve synergy across multiple areas - sales, client engagement, finance, solutioning, operations, clinical, health value creation and economics - to name just a few.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Develop and execute strategies for a function or discipline that span a large business unit or multiple markets / sites
- Identify needed network configuration and incentive-based payment models to improve quality and efficiency
- Direct others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of management experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 7+ years of experience developing and implementing provider network strategies for diverse member needs / acuity
- 5+ years of experience developing and managing a budget; proven financial acumen
- 5+ years of experience with provider contracting
- 5+ years of experience of leading diverse teams, with a proven track record of sound team performance
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Proven communication skills (written, verbal and expert presentation)
- Proven experience leveraging data and insights to drive strategies and solutions
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS, MHA, etc.)
- Behavioral Health Network Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Leveraging Competitive insights for growth and distinction
- Evidence based program design
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP, Network Growth and Satisfaction, network management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota